Birthday Balloons Sheet Cake
SIZE: ¼ Sheet
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Nothing could be simpler or more universal than bright, colorful birthday balloons!
1. Trim one edge of four to five strips of Happy Stripes Designer Prints® decorations with the scalloped blade of a pastry wheel.
2. Mix two batches of icing, lime green using Lucks Neon Brite Green Liqua-Gel Color and purple using Lucks Purple Liquid Airbrush Color.
3. Ice the cake and apply trimmed strips to the sides, scalloped edge facing up.
4. Use white icing in a #8 plain round tube to pipe beaded top and bottom borders.
5. Apply a variety of Bright Balloon Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations to the top of the cake, as shown. Be sure to use the largest sizes where the “H” and “B” (or whatever letters you will use) will need to be.
6. Use purple icing in a #3 plain round tube to pipe whimsical balloon strings as shown.
7. Finish by piping your message in lime green with a #5 plain round tube, placing your first letters of each word on a balloon.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz