SIZE: Other (cupcakes)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Delight the Mother-to-be with a tray of these fancy quilted cupcakes!
1. Bake cupcakes so that the cake is flush with the top of the paper liner (you can also accomplish this by cutting off the top of the cupcake).
2. Use a #807 tip (Item #10958) and apply a very thin layer of white icing to the top of the cupcake so that you ending up with a flat surface.
3. Tint three batches of pastel colored fondant using Lucks Liqua-Gel Colors Sky Blue (Item #45276), Lemon Yellow (Item #45288), and Neon Brite Green (Item #45293).
4. Roll out your three colors fondant about 1/8” thick.
5. Use any instrument with a long straight edge to emboss lines into the fondant at 1/8” apart. Emboss lines in the opposite direction to form little squares.
6. Use a scalloped edge cutter which is a little bigger than the cupcake top, to cut circles out of the embossed fondant.
7. Using a spatula, transfer the circles to the tops of the cupcakes.
8. Attach a pair of booties from the Blue Booties Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #45150) to the top of each cupcake with a little dot of icing.
9. Finish by putting the cupcakes in pastel cupcake liners.
Decorating Idea by Sandy McNicol