SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate
Add style and dimension to these floral tea cookies with Lucks Dec-Ons® decorations!
1. Make your favorite cut-out cookie recipe and use fancy specialty cutters to cut a variety shapes. Bake and let cool.
2. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method. To make icing for this method, mix a batch of royal icing and set aside 1/3 of the regular recipe. Take the remaining 2/3 and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
3. Setting aside some white run icing, use Lucks Liqua-Gel Colors in Sunset Orange, Sky Blue, Red Red and Golden Yellow to color the remaining icing.
4. Use a #3 round tip to pipe double white outlines as shown. When the outlines have dried slightly, fill in colored run sugar with #3 tips. For white freehand floral designs, pipe all patterns while the background is still wet, so that the images settle flush. Allow to dry completely.
5. After your icing has set up, attach Butterfly Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations with regular royal icing.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz