Dianne's Cake Balls
SIZE: Other (cake balls and mini cupcakes)
1. Blend cake scraps with buttercream, then shape into balls.
2. Chill thoroughly for easy handling.
3. When balls are chilled, melt enough white chocolate to fill a medium bowl at least halfway. Dip a ball into the melted chocolate to cover; you can either temporarily skewer balls for dipping, or use chocolate dipping tools. Set each ball on parchment to set up.
4. Pipe green-tinted white chocolate drizzle across cake balls. TIP: It’s best not to use a metal tip to pipe, as the chocolate will set up and plug the tip within just a few moments.
5. When all balls are set, attach one royal icing carrot to each using icing or melted chocolate.
6. To decorate the mini cupcakes, mix a batch of green icing using airbrush color.
7. Pipe “grass” on cupcakes using a #133 tip.
8. Finish with one Dec-Ons® decoration applied to each cupcake.
Decorating idea by Dianne’s Delights