SIZE: ¼ sheet
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
“Tie” one on for Dad this Father’s Day!
1. Ice the cake in a light turquoise icing, produced with a scant mixture of three parts Lucks Blue Airbrush Color to one part Lucks Green Airbrush Color.
2. Apply Turquoise Shimmer Ribbons™ around the base of the cake.
3. Roll out some white fondant and apply selections from Aqua Paisley Designer Prints™ decorations using a slight amount of water. TIP: Use a piece of old Designer Prints™ backing paper to make a pattern for the tie, so that they will be uniform. Use this pattern to judge how much of each print pattern you will need to apply to the fondant; this will help conserve Designer Prints™ as well as fondant.
4. Use the tie pattern to cut out four ties: two with paisley, and one each of the remaining patterns.
5. Align and lay down ties at either end of the cake’s top.
6. Lay down a tie next to the tie at the right end; repeat with the final tie, being careful to maintain consistent spacing.
7. With a #8 plain round tube and fudge icing, pipe a beaded bottom border.
8. With a #5 plain round tube and fudge icing, pipe the letters DAD in the large gap between ties, as shown. If desired, apply a small amount of Lucks Bronze Shimmer Airbrush Color to the letters with a fine paint brush.
9. Finish by piping a light turquoise beaded top border with a #8 tip.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz