SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate/Difficult
1. Plan your gingerbread ornament (your own or one gleaned readily from the internet) and prepare sturdy patterns for all required pieces. If using a regular sized gingerbread template, it will need to be sized down to be about 5 inches tall.
2. Prepare your favorite gingerbread and sugar cookie dough. Tint the sugar cookie dough, that will make the roof, with the Neon Bright Green Liquid Airbrush color. Use a cook’s knife and an X-Acto-type knife to cut shapes.
3. With a #10 round tip, punch a hole in the top center of the roof pieces right after taking them out of the oven.
4. Bake and let cool. TIP: If excessive dough spreading occurs, trim to shape with a knife while baked dough is still warm and pliable.
5. When cookies have cooled, use a #895 Basket Weave tip with Lemon Yellow colored royal icing of the standard consistency to pipe the door and the window of your ornament.
6. When the icing has set, start to assemble your ornament. Take a ribbon and poke it through each hole of the roof and the ends together.
7. Glue all the sides together using a #4 tip with royal icing of the standard consistency and then glue the house to the cookie base.
8. Using the Red Red Liqua-Gel colored royal icing of standard consistency to pipe on top of the set window icing.
9. Using a #4 tip ice the front of the house, around the house, and the center of roof using white royal icing of standard consistency as shown.
10. Attach Dec-Ons® decorations with a dab of icing.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz