SIZE: ¼ Sheet
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate
Lucks Print-Ons® sheets and Edible Inks are specially formulated to print perfect photographs every time!
1. Use Lucks Print On Sheets® to print the image you wish to place on the top of the cake. On the Lucks web site, under Tips and Tricks in the Resource center, you can find Print-On Demand information and templates for your image. Once you print the image, place it back in the reseal-able bag until you are ready to attach it to the cake.
2. Enrobe the cake with Ivory/Vanilla Fondant. Make an oval 3” plaque out of the extra pieces of rolled icing.
3. Roll out Red/Vanilla Fondant. Measure the cake to determine how long the strip will need to be to wrap completely across the cake. Use a Pastry Wheel to cut a red strip that is 1 1/4” wide by the decided length. Attach the strip to the cake with a light brush of water.
4. Use Black/Vanilla Fondant to roll two black ropes. Make the ropes the same length and thickness as the red strip. Moisten the edges of the red strip and attach the black ropes as shown.
5. Use the Black Rollable Icing to make a 3 1/4” plaque.
6. Attach the white plaque to the middle of the black plaque with a little water.
7. Make a batch of black royal icing using Black Liquid Airbrush Color. Use the black icing and a #2 tip to pipe the inscription on the plaque and then attach it to the red strip with a little water.
8. Use a #8 tip and black royal icing to pipe a beaded bottom border on the cake as shown.
9. Finish by brushing a light coat of water on the cake where the image will be placed. Trim the image with a razor knife, carefully lift it off of its backing and place it on the cake.
Tip: The backing paper is a great tool which can be used to lay on top of the image to smooth it down.
Decorating Idea by Charra Jarosz and Sandy McNicol