Home of the Brave Quarter Sheet Cake
SIZE: ¼ sheet
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate
Lucks Designer Prints® set the tone for all your handmade holiday decorations!
1. Mix small amounts of light green, red and blue fondant using Lucks Liqua-Gel Colors in Leaf Green, Super Red and Royal Blue, mixed into White Vanilla Fondant.
2. Mix a small amount of light blue fondant by mixing a portion of the blue fondant with white fondant.
3. Ice the cake.
4. Apply Patriotic Banner Designer Prints® decorations around the sides of the cake.
5. Roll out the light green fondant, and then cut a simple birdhouse shape, roughly 3.5” x 2.5” in maximum dimension.
6. Roll out the light blue fondant, and cut two bird bodies using the smallest cutter from the Plain Tear Drop Cutter Set. Slightly curl the tips up, as shown, for the tails. Use the largest plain leaf cutter from the Flower and Leaf Cutters Set to cut two wings.
7. Roll out a little red, white and blue fondant and cut flowers using the two largest pointed daisy cutters from the Flower and Leaf Cutters Set.
8. Roll out or extrude blue fondant rope for the roof and the birdhouse post.
9. Roll out some white fondant and free-hand cut a 6” long banner with banner tails, as shown.
10. Lightly spray the top of the cake with Lucks Blue Shimmer Airbrush Color.
11. Arrange fondant pieces on the top of the cake in the following order: banner, birds, bird wings, banner tails, birdhouse, roof, birdhouse post (cut post in two pieces, and cut each to length to accommodate their placement above and below the banner). Lastly, attach the daisies.
12. Mix small portions of gold, black, red and light green icings using Lucks Liqua-Gel Colors in Golden Yellow, Coal Black, Super Red and Leaf Green.
13. Pipe bird beaks using gold icing in a #4 plain round tube.
14. Pipe bird eyes and a birdhouse door using black icing in a #4 tip.
15. Pipe an inscription on the banner using red icing in a #2 plain round tube.
16. Pipe floral foliage and grass blades using light green icing in a #4 tip.
17. Pipe swirling clouds using white icing in a #4 tip.
18. Attach Stars Dec-Ons® decorations to the birdhouse and the daisies.
19. Pipe top and bottom beaded borders using white icing in a #8 plain round tube.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz