SIZE: 10” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Easy and trendy—who wouldn’t want to offer this great combo to their customers?
1. Prepare your Pinkalicious Designer Prints™ decorations by trimming away the white ends with either a Ribbon Insertion Tool with the pointed blade or an X-ACTO type knife. A 10” round will use 3 strips.
2. Return the Designer Prints™ strips to the silver bag, reseal, and set aside for later use.
3. Mix a dusty pink icing using very small amounts of Lucks Liqua-Gel Colors Red/Red and Buckeye Brown in a white icing base.
4. Ice the cake with white icing.
5. Apply the Designer Prints™ strips, leaving about ½” to a ¼” between each strip.
6. With white icing and a #10 plain round tube, pipe a beaded stripe along each juncture of the Designer Prints™ design, a straight border around the top perimeter of the cake, and a straight bottom border.
7. With the dusty pink icing and a #10 tube, pipe a straight border along the inner side of the white border; with the same color and a #8 plain round tube, pipe your message and decorative dots above and below your message, as shown.
8. With fudge, chocolate or ganache icing and a #10 tube, pipe a final straight border around the inside of the pink border; with the same icing and a #4 plain round tube, accent the pink decorative dots and the message.
Decorating Idea by Charra Jarosz