Royal Rebellion Baby Cookies
SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate/Advanced
1. Bake your favorite cookie recipe and cut into plaques, circles and baby rattles using a cutter set.
2. Mix two batches of Royal Icing in Violet and Princess Pink using Premium Gel Colors.
3. For the flat cookies with a flat base, use 15 second consistency royal icing. Tip: 15 second consistency means that after running the spatula through the icing, the icing should be completely flat and melded together by the time you count to 15.
1. For the quilted plaque cookies, draw a crisscross pattern with 1” squares with an edible marker.
2. Fill every other square using a #2 tip and let the cookies set for 2 hours. Then carefully fill in the other squares and try not to disturb the set squares. If the squares are not touching, you can gently move the icing while it is wet with a toothpick. Let the cookie set for at least 8-12 hours.
3. When set, use 20 second consistency (similar to 15 second consistency, but 20 seconds) icing in pink to make the buttons in between the squares of the quilt.
4. Use stiff royal icing and pipe a border of white icing around the edge of the plaque. When the border dries completely, paint the border with a small brush and Lucks Gold Shimmer Airbrush color.
5. To finish the quilted cookies, place a crown from the Gold Crown Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations with a dab of icing.
Stenciled Plaque Cookies
1. After the flat iced plaque has dried, place a stencil over the cookie and spray 2 coats of Gold Shimmer Airbrush Color (let the first coat dry before adding the second.)
Round Bassinet Cookie
1. For the round bassinet cookie. After the flat icing has set at least 8-12 hours, use scant amounts of Premium Gel color in Brown and Lemon Yellow to create a light skin tone.
2. Using a #1 tip, draw small feet in the center of the cookie.
3. With a #104 Rose tip and stiff consistency icing, pipe the ruffles of the bassinet under the baby feet.
4. With stiff royal icing and a #3 round tip, pipe the curtains over the bassinet with the lowest row first and lightly brush the edge backwards with a slightly damp brush. Then repeat this step with the second row of curtains.
4. Again with stiff royal icing and a #3 round tip, pipe a border around the top half of the cookie and in-between the baby feet and the ruffles. Allow the borders to dry for at least 4 hours.
5. After the borders have dried, use a brush with Gold Shimmer Airbrush Color and paint the borders.
6. Finally, Attach the Dec-Ons® decoration with a dab of icing.
Baby Rattle Cookie
1. Base icing at the top of the rattle with 15 second consistency royal icing and let set for 2 hours. Then using 15 second consistency white royal icing and a tip #3, pipe the handle for the rattle. Let the icing dry for at least 8-12 hours.
2. After the icing has dried, Brush the handle with Gold Shimmer Airbrush color and let dry for 30 minutes.
3. Finally, attach Dec-Ons® decorations with a dab of icing.
Decorating idea by Bonnie Lee