SIZE: 10” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
Lucks Designer Prints® strips take the labor out of ever-popular animal prints!
1. Roll out White Vanilla fondant and attach Safari Variety Designer Prints® strips to it using a light application of water or shortening. Use a stencil or free-hand cut letters for name or message using an X-Acto knife. TIP: Create your stencil or otherwise map out letters before applying Designer Prints® to fondant, to make best use of all supplies, and to reduce waste.
2. Mix two shades of green icing using Premium Gel Colors in Neon Brite Green and Leaf Green, with just a drop of Buckeye Brown to mellow the hue.
3. Mix light blue, gold and flesh tone icings using Premium Gel Colors in Sky Blue, Golden Yellow and a scant 2:1 mix of Sunset Orange to Deep Pink.
4. Ice the cake using the lighter green shade.
5. Pipe a grassy bottom border using the darker green shade in a #5 round tip.
6. Carefully apply letters to the top of the cake.
7. Outline letters with fudge icing, or with extruded or hand-rolled Dark Chocolate fondant.
8. Pipe a fudge monkey tail and zebra hoof using a #5 tip, or create using chocolate fondant.
9. Pipe the lion’s body using gold icing in a #5 tip.
10. Pipe the elephant’s feet using blue icing in a #10 round tip.
11. Finish by arranging Jungle Animals Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations on the top of the cake, as shown.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz