SIZE: Other (cupcakes)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
TIP: The paint can also be achieved using edible markers.
1. Bake your favorite cupcakes recipe.
2. Use a #807 XL Piping tip and lightly ice the top of the cupcakes as flat as possible.
3. Roll out fondant about 1/8” thick. Cut out circles about 2.5” in diameter.
4. Use any instrument with a long straight edge to emboss lines into the fondant at 1/4” apart. Emboss a line in the opposite direction to form something that looks like school paper.
5. Use Lucks Liquid Airbrush Colors in Black, Blue and Red and mix each in a dish with flavoring extracts to create a paint. TIP: the extract evaporates fast so that the paint will dry to the touch in a matter of seconds.
6. Paint Blue lines across, a red line down and use the black to write on the cupcake. Alternatively, you can use edible markers instead of the black paint.
7. Apply the fondant disk to the cupcake and attach Crayons and School Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations on the fondant disk with a dab of icing.
Decorating Idea by Bonnie Lee