Dress Shirt and Tie Cookies
SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Use your favorite sugar cookie recipe to create 2 ½" round cookies. Bake and let cool.
2. Make or buy white modeling chocolate and set aside portions for each color. Mix colors for chocolate such green, brown, beige and orange using small amounts of Lucks Premium Gel Colors. Tip: For beige, mix scant amounts of brown and yellow.
3. Cut a beige circle, using the same 2 ½" cookie cutter, for each cookie.
4. Apply beige rounds to the cookies using icing or corn syrup. Then smooth out the edges of the chocolate into the cookie by lightly pressing with your fingers.
5. Cut out your desired amount of white, brown, green and orange shirts. Make a ½" cut at one end of the circle. Fold the ends of the circle down to create the neck of the shirt.
6. Cut out a small square in the same color as the shirt and cut out a shirt pocket with an X-Acto™ knife.
7. Attach the shirt to the cookie using icing or corn syrup and lightly press down the edges with your fingers. Then attach the pocket to the shirt in the same way.
8. Finish with a Tie Assortment Dec-Ons® decoration on each, attached with a dab of icing.
Decorating idea by Bonnie Lee