Totally Awesome Cookies
SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate
1. Make your favorite cut-out cookie recipe and use a 3” round cutter to cut out cookies. Bake and let cool.
2. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method. To make icing for this method, mix a batch of royal icing and set aside 1/3 of the regular recipe. Take the remaining 2/3 and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
3. Use Lucks Premium Gel Colors in Neon Bright Green, Sky Blue and Lemon Yellow, Neon Bright Pink and Neon Bright Purple. Icing all of the cookies in all the varieties of color. Let set for 8-12 hours.
4. For the yellow and green cookies as well as the one green and pink cookie, use the wet on wet icing technique. First ice the cookie in a base color and then while that is still wet, pipe lines down the cookie with the alternate color. Before it sets, take a toothpick or a scribe tool and run it back and forth creating a new pattern. Let dry for 8-12 hours.
5. Use a #2 Piping Tip to pipe all the other line and dot decorations. Allow to dry completely.
6. Finish with Totally Tubular, Lovely Little Unicorn and Geek Kit Asortment Dec-Ons® decorations.
Decorating idea by Bonnie Lee