SIZE: 6” and 8” round tiers
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate/Advanced
Inspired by Rockrrgrrlz everywhere! Click here for tips on customizing your Designer Prints™ decorations.
1. A least two days in advance, make shoes, flowers, cute skull and belt details; shoe tutorials and cutting patterns can be found on the internet.
|2. For the shoes, use a tennis shoe pattern found on the internet to craft fondant or gumpaste hightops. Let dry. Before application of the white toe and sole pieces, airbrush shoes with Silver Shimmer Airbrush Color (Item #43543), and let dry.|
3. For the flowers, use flower cutters to craft from white fondant and let dry. Airbrush the centers with Pink Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10165), and let dry again.
4. For the cute skull, roll a fondant ball, then press in eyes and nose using modeling tools. Use the black marker from the FooDoodler Food Decorating Pen set (Item #42541) to draw stylized skeleton features and let dry.
5. For belt studs, either model in fondant, or pipe both dots and spikes with royal icing, then let dry. Craft belt buckle components in fondant and let dry. Airbrush all belt details with Silver Shimmer Color and let dry.
6. Mix pink fondant with Deep Pink Liqua-Gel Color (Item #45281). Mix black fondant with Coal Black Liqua-Gel Color (Item #45290).
7. Trim five strips of Safari Zebra Designer Prints™ decorations (Item #43580) on all four edges. Airbrush strips with Pink Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10165) to match the fondant. Let dry for no less than 15-20 minutes.
8. Assemble and enrobe the cake in fondant, and then moisten your fondant. Use a food-grade paintbrush or your airbrush to apply plain water.
9. Apply pre-colored Zebra prints to the fondant.
10. Roll out some black fondant and craft two belt strips, as shown. Ensure that the belts will accommodate the sizes of the premade belt buckles. Apply to cake with water.
11. Attach belt studs and belt buckles with royal icing.
12. Attach flowers with royal icing. Place the skull inside the larger flower, and a small ball of black fondant in the smaller flower.
13. Attach sneakers with royal icing.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz