Shimmer Ribbons® Decorations
WHAT ARE THEY?
Shimmer Ribbons™ present the same stunning finish as satin ribbon, but are completely edible and do not need to be removed from the cake prior to eating. Available in a variety of colors, they are a more durably formulated which allows for easy handling. They work well on all types of icing: Buttercream, Chocolate, Fondant, Non-Dairy Whipped topping and Cream Cheese icing.
Orthodox Union Kosher Certified
View Lucks Shimmer Ribbons™ decorations.
- Peel: Gently remove the ribbon from the backing sheet.
- Place: Carefully apply the ribbon to the surface of the cake.
- Position: Starting at the center of the ribbon and working outward, smoothing out any air bubbles with fingers. Evenly align the edge of each new piece with the end of the last piece placed.
- Trim overlap with X-Acto™ knife.
Application Tips or Ideas
- Be sure to select a ribbon that is darker that your icing, as the icing will slightly show through the ribbon once it has fully melded.
- For the cleanest finish, trim edges with a sharp blade while the ribbon is still on the backing sheet.
- To avoid waste, measure and cut final piece prior to removing from the backing sheet.
Store your finished product as normally required for food safe handling. Shimmer Ribbons™ decorations will not affect the shelf life of your finished product and are freezer, refrigerator and shelf-stable.
Store Shimmer Ribbons™ in their original silver resealable bag in a cool, dark place and make sure the bag is completely sealed when you are done. If you are located in arid or humid climates properly storing this product is important for optimum application.
If you have purchased Shimmer Ribbons™ from a vendor who has repackaged them in Ziploc bags, be aware these bags are not airtight. Try double-bagging them to prevent them from drying out. Lucks cannot guarantee quality of repacked Shimmer Ribbons™.
Here at Lucks, we store our Shimmer Ribbons™ with our Edible Image® designs in the following manner:
Use a plastic filing box with a lid to keep out air.
Insert tabbed hanging folders, divided by theme, season, licensed characters or item number – whatever method works for you. We file ours by season and theme.
Leaving the Edible Image® designs in their silver bags, insert them into the proper folder.
If you are using our Designer Prints™, use a legal-sized box and matching folders.
If your storage area is humid, try using food-grade desiccant packets inside the box.