SIZE: 6” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Perfect for a birthday, baby shower, or any day, this acorn pair will charm the autumn right out of fall!
1. Mix a small amount of chocolate fondant to a small amount of white fondant; separate into two balls and form acorn shapes. With straight chocolate fondant, fashion acorn caps and apply to acorns with a bit of water.
2. Using royal icing tinted with Lucks Black Airbrush Color in a #3 tip, pipe eyes on acorns. Dip a small paint brush into your Black Airbrush Color and draw smiling mouths. Apply confetti quins to “cheeks” with a touch of icing.
3. Ice the cake and apply Woodland Animal Variety Designer Prints™ to the sides.
4. Lightly airbrush the top of the cake with Lucks Blue Airbrush Color.
5. Mix a batch of green icing using two parts Lucks Green to one part Lucks Yellow Airbrush Color in a white icing base; with a #8 plain round tube, pipe a grassy bottom border.
6. Mix blue icing using three parts Blue Airbrush Color with one part Green. Using a #8 tube, pipe a top border as shown.
7. Place the acorns on the top. Too cute!
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz