Autumn Friends Leaf Cookies
SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate
- Make your favorite cut-out cookie recipe and use a variety of leaf cutters to create different shapes of cookies.
- These cookies are iced using the run sugar method. To make icing for this method, mix a batch of royal icing and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
- Use Lucks Premium Gel Colors to tint the icing. Mix batches of orange, green, brown and red run sugar icings.
- Place each color in a plastic piping bag and tie the end so the icing does not come out. Cut the tip off the bags and place all four bags of color into another piping bag so that the colors are striped together. Use a #3 round tip to outline the body of the cookies with run sugar, and then fill in the outlines using a circular motion making sure the run sugar does not leave any space. With the brown and green run sugar, pipe the stems on the leaves. Allow to dry completely.
- Finish cookies by attaching Dec-Ons® decorations with a dab of icing.
Decorating idea by Bonnie Lee