SIZE: 6” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Attractive chocolate petals are so easy to execute using Lucks’ cocoa butter-free Transfer Sheets!
1. Ice the cake, combing the sides if desired.
2. Melt chocolate or candy coating using your preferred method.
3. Working on a clean surface covered with parchment paper, lay one Autumn Leaves Transfer Sheet smooth side down.
4. Use an offset spatula to apply a thin coat of chocolate to the transfer sheet. Let stand for 5-10 minutes, depending on the relative humidity of your work space.
5. Use an X-Acto knife to cut freehand almond-shaped flower petals. TIP: To reduce waste, cut petals strategically and close together.
6. Peel away the acetate backing from the leaves and arrange petals on the top of the cake, as shown. TIP: Wear plastic gloves in order to prevent finger prints and protect chocolate from the warmth of your hands.
7. Use fudge icing in a #2B large basket weave tip to pipe a wavy bottom border.
8. Use fudge icing in a #5 round tip to pipe the center stamen.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz