Baby Bear Tiered Cake
SIZE: 10”, 8” and 6” rounds
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
1. Mix a batch of light yellow icing using Lemon Yellow Premium Gel Color in a white icing base.
2. Mix a very small batch of pink icing, as well as a very small batch of pink fondant, using a scant amount of Red Red Premium Gel Color.
3. Fill and ice the 10” and 8” cakes in white icing, and the 6” cake in yellow icing; stack all three.
4. Apply Designer Prints® decorations around the sides of the 10” and 8” round cakes, as shown.
5. Use yellow icing in an open coupler to pipe two ear dollops on either edge of the top of the yellow tier. TIP: Use a small spatula to hollow out ear dollops.
6. Apply a small amount of pink icing in each ear hollow using a small spatula.
7. Use yellow icing in an open coupler to pipe a muzzle on the front side of the yellow tier.
8. Use yellow icing in a #827 Open Star Tip to pipe curly dollops on the top front edge of the yellow tier, as shown.
9. Roll out black and pink fondants, and use an X-Acto knife to cut black fondant eyelashes, and a pink heart-shaped nose.
10. Finish by attaching facial features to the yellow tier.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz