SIZE: Other (cupcakes)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
These precious cupcakes will make baby wish she were around for the party…
1. Mix four small batches of fondant using Lucks Liqua-Gel Colors in Lemon Yellow (Item #45288), Leaf Green (Item #45274), Sky Blue (Item #45276) and Violet (Item #45278); use only a small amount of colorant to achieve pastel, baby-appropriate hues.
2. Mix a batch of pastel icing using Lemon Yellow Liqua-Gel in a white icing base.
3. Apply a smooth layer of icing to each cupcake, either free-hand or with a #10 plain round tube (Item #11029).
4. Using a scalloped circle cutter sized to the tops of your cupcakes, cut circles from your four colored fondant batches.
5. Apply these fondant circles to the tops of all cupcakes, then pipe a dotted line—to approximate the look of stitching—around the perimeter of each top with your mixed yellow icing and a #3 plain round tube (Item #11022).
6. Finish as shown using the smallest buttons from the Baby Button Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #45216) along the “stitched” yellow line, then select one center piece each from either the Baby Onepiece Assortment (Item #43629) or the Deluxe Baby Assortment (Item #32804)…or both!
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz