Tiered Critter Cakes
SIZE: 6” and 8” double-layer rounds
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
1. Mix batches of pink, orange, light green and light teal icings using Premium Gel Colors.
2. Ice 6” tiers in pink, orange and teal icings.
3. Ice 8” tiers in white, applying Designer Prints® strips to each cake.
4. Carefully stack and stabilize tiers.
5. Use corresponding colors to ice bottom borders for all tiers: a #8 round tip for the 6” bottom borders, and #807 extra large round tip for 8” bottom borders.
6. Create faces using the following pieces:
*Pink Fawn: Sweet Shapes Fondant eyes, ears and heart-shaped nose; wavy facial fluff is piped with white icing in a #5 round tip.
*Blue Bear: Sweet Shapes Fondant eyes and heart-shaped nose; ears and muzzle are piped with teal icing in a #807 large tip.
*Orange Elephant: Sweet Shapes Fondant eyes; ears and trunk are piped with orange icing in a #807 large tip.
7. Arrange floral sprays and crowns on each critter, as shown.
8. Use pale green icing in a #352 tip to pipe leaves around each spray.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz