Balloon Wishes Cake
SIZE: 8” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
- Find a template of a bicycle online and print it out to trace over.
- Place a piece of acetate over the image and using royal icing in green, black and white using Premium Gel Colors in Leaf Green and Black to pipe on the acetate over the template.
- Let bike dry 8-12 hours or overnight until completely dry.
- Ice the cake in light blue icing using the Sky Blue Premium Gel Color.
- Attach a Balloon Wishes Edible Image® decoration to the top of the cake.
- Remove the bicycle carefully from the acetate and attach it to the side of the cake with a small amount of frosting.
- Place a bouquet of balloons from the Bright Balloons Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations to the front and top of the cake and using black icing in a #2 Piping Tip, make strings for the balloons and pipe them towards the bicycle.
- With a #12 Piping Tip, make some white clouds on the side and top of the cake
- With a #18 Star Piping Tip, and green icing using Premium Gel color in Leaf green, pipe a small grass bottom border.
Decorating idea by Bonnie Lee