Baseball Bat Cookies
SKILL LEVEL: EASY
1. Make your favorite sugar cookie recipe.
2. Using your favorite baseball bat cutter (or cut out your own) cut out bat shaped cookies.
3. Bake and let cool completely.
4. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method. To make icing for this method, mix a batch of royal icing and set aside half of the batch. Take the first half and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
5. Color the thinned icing brown using Premium Gel Color.
6. Outline the cookie using a #3 Piping Tip and immediately go back and fill in entire cookie. Allow to dry completely.
7. After the icing has set, color half of the remaining icing red using Premium Gel Color.
8. Using a #5 Piping Tip and red icing, pipe four lines next to each other, just above the base notch of the bat, to form the grip of the bat.
9. Add more color to the remaining brown icing to deepen the color. Use a #3 Piping Tip and the darker brown icing to pipe wood grain lines and rings over the bat. Allow to dry.
10. Attach Dec-Ons® Decoration to the cookie with a dot of icing.
Decorating idea by Lori Cook