SIZE: Other (cake truffles)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
These treetop bird pops will have your customers chirping with delight…
1. Fashion cake pops from cake scraps and buttercream, then shape into balls. You will need wooden sticks, white dipping chocolate or white (and/or green) candy melts and candy sprinkles (see below). Have a piece of Styrofoam ready to accept pops as they’re completed.
2. Melt a small amount of white chocolate or white candy melt on the stove top or in a microwave. Dip a wooden stick in a bit of chocolate and insert into one cake ball about halfway (the melted chocolate will help the cake ball adhere to the stick). Repeat this step until all cake balls are fitted with sticks. Chill thoroughly for easy handling.
3. When pops are chilled, melt enough white chocolate to fill a small or medium bowl at least halfway; add a couple of green candy melts or a drop of Lucks Green Airbrush Liquid to achieve a medium green as shown.
4. Dip each ball into the melted chocolate to cover; let drips fall from the back of the ball, tapping the pop’s stick on the bowl rim to remove excess. Before chocolate sets, swirl lightly with a small spatula to lend the texture of leaves, and add a few Wildflower quins to each. Next, add one Birds of Fancy Assortment Dec-Ons® decoration to each. Let pops set up.
5. Display idea: if desired, cut a medium/small branch into a variety of lengths between 1” and 3”; drill a hole corresponding in size to the wooden rose stick in the center of each. Insert one pop into each branch section.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz