SIZE: 10” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Polka Dots are an easy, go-to pattern for just about any event! Pair with sweet Dec-Ons® decorations to add a theme!
1. Mix or have on hand green icing (buttercream or non-dairy tinted with Lucks Leaf Green Liqua-Gel Color), or pre-colored whipped topping.
2. Mix or have on hand brown icing (icing colored with Lucks Buckeye Liqua-Gel Color), or pre-colored whipped topping.
3. Take the cake from the freezer and let rest for just a few minutes, to allow the ice crystal to soften. Use this time to fill your pastry bags:
--one with green and a #5 plain round tube
--one with brown and a #5 tip
--one with white and a #10 plain round tube
4. Apply the blue print from the Polka Dots Variety Designer Prints™ decorations to the sides of the cake, leaving a 1/3” gap between each strip. Three strips will fit evenly around a 10” cake. TIP: If the cake is still coated in frozen ice crystal, the strips may not adhere—a slight condensation build-up is ideal.
5. Pipe zig-zag top and bottom borders using white icing in the #10 tip, and then pipe a few zig-zags where the gaps exists between Designer Prints™ strips.
6. Pipe a curlicue brown tree, as shown, with brown icing in a #5 tip.
7. Pipe a few simple spiral leaves with green icing on the ends of some of the branches.
8. Finish with Birds of Fancy Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz