SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Birthday bears bring tasty treats to the party!
1. Make your favorite cut-out cookie recipe and use a specialty cutter to cut teddy bear shapes.
2. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method; to make icing for this run sugar method, make a batch of royal icing and set aside 1/3 of the regular recipe. Take the remaining 2/3 and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
3. Use Lucks Liquid Airbrush Colors to mix run sugar icing in two shades of Pink (Item #10165) and two shades of Brown (Item #10159). Use Lucks Coal Black Liqua-Gel Color (Item #45290) to mix standard consistency royal icing.
4. Use a #3 plain round tube (Item #11022) to pipe outlines using regular black royal icing, as shown. When the outlines have dried slightly, fill in with run sugar icing. Let dry.
5. After your icing has set up, pipe facial features or draw them onto dried icing using FooDoodler Gourmet Food Decorating Pens (Item #42541).
6. Finish with Birthday Cake Royal Icing decorations (Item #45855) attached with a dab of icing.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz