SIZE: 8” round and cake pops
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Ice the top of the cake in white icing, while crumb coating the sides.
2. Apply the Birthday Buddies VP Edible Image to the top of cake.
3. Ice the sides of the cake with fudge icing. TIP: Apply the fudge a bit up over the edge of the top surface to lend the appearance of rough bark.
4. Using a spatula, push some “bark” texture into the fudge icing.
5. Airbrush a light ring of Lucks Brown Premium Airbrush Color around the top edge of the cake.
6. Mix some green icing, and then with a #5 piping tip, pipe a few tufts of grass around the base of the cake.
7. To make pinecone cake pops, roll teardrop-shaped cake balls and press sliced almonds into the sides.
8. Melt some chocolate, dip the tips of your candy sticks into the chocolate, and insert into the tips of the cake balls. Chill for easiest handling.
9. Melt coating chocolate and dip each chilled cake ball to cover completely. Set aside to set up.
10. Apply Woodland Animals Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations with a dab of icing, as shown.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz