Black and Pink Birthday Cake
SIZE: 8” Cake and Cupcakes
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
- Ice the cake in white icing and comb the sides.
- Gently peel the happy birthday banner, the blank plaque, and a set of bunting flags from the Chalkboard Birthday Sweet Shapes® Variety pack.
- Gently peel the flags and bunting off of the Chalkboard Flags Variety pack.
- Apply the Black Happy Birthday banner and the blank plaque to the top of the cake.
- Apply the bunting flags from both variety packs to the side of the cake in a swooping fashion. Tip: the bunting flags from the flags variety are slightly smaller so alternate the smaller and larger flags for a better design.
- Mix a batch of Rose Pink icing using Premium Gel Color.
- Use a #10 tip to pipe the bottom border as shown.
- Use a #6 tip to pipe the top border and a #4 tip to pipe the name on the blank plaque
- Using a #825 large star tip and white frosting, pipe the top onto the cupcakes.
- Lightly sprinkle Gold Sanding Sugar on top of the cupcakes and finish with a flag from the Chalkboard Flags Variety pack.
Decorating idea by Bonnie Lee