Black and Gold Wedding Cake
SIZE: 8” two-layers and and 6” three-layer rounds
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
1. Ice each tier in white icing.
2. Roll out fondant and cover the 8” cake.
3. Cover the 6” cake with White Non-Pareils.
4. Roll out Black Fondant to a thin, even sheet and cut strips about 1" thick. Apply strips to cake tiers as shown.
5. Airbrush the top tier in Lucks Gold Shimmer Premium Airbrush Color.
6. Carefully stack the tiers.
7. Pipe a beaded border at the base of each tier with a #8 piping tip.
8. Use a Black Sweet Shapes® plaque and a #2 piping tip to write an inscription.
9. Paint the edges of Plum Royal Icing Roses with Lucks Gold Shimmer Airbrush Premium Airbrush Color. For a more vibrant color, you may need to paint a second coat after the first has dried.
10. Finish by attaching the roses to the cakes with a small dollop of icing.
Decorating idea by Bonnie Lee