SIZE: 3 layers 6” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Simple details adorn a fashionable small serve, ideal for showers, birthdays or any day!
1. Ice the cake using icing tinted with a very scant amount of Lucks Red Liquid Airbrush Color.
2. Apply two levels of Black Shimmer Ribbons™ around the base of the cake, as shown.
3. Mix black icing using Lucks Coal Black Liqua-Gel Color.
4. Lightly mark 8 equidistant points around the top of the cake with the point of a toothpick; these will serve to align the top piping.
5. With a #5 plain round tube and black icing, pipe a bottom border.
6. With the same tube, pipe repeated “bracket” pattern on the top of the cake as shown; three-dot flourishes on the top and sides complete the look.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz