SIZE: 8” square
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/moderate
Take your Valentine “over the moon” with this adorable rocket ship cake!
1. Ice the cake.
2. Mix pink and red icings using Lucks Red Red Liqua-Gel Color (Item #45283).
3. Use the fluted blade of a Pastry Wheel (Item #45334) to cut strips of the star pattern from Lovely Variety Designer Prints™ Sheets (Item #46415) to adorn the sides of the cake.
4. Apply a portion of the plaid pattern to White Vanilla Fondant (Item #46755) with a light application of water, and then freehand cut the ship with an X-Acto type blade, approximately 4.5” in length.
5. Mix a small amount of red fondant, and cut three tail fins (half-circles).
6. Cut a small white fondant disc, using the smallest cutter from the Plain Round Cutter Set (Item #9784).
7. Assemble the rocket ship on the top of the cake, as shown.
8. Pipe a bottom dotted border in red, using a #10 plain round tube (Item #11029).
9. Pipe a top reverse scallop border in pink, using a #5 plain round tube (Item #11027).
10. Pipe the inscription and the motion dots in red, using a #4 plain round tube (Item #11026).
11. Periodically garnish the motion dots using Red Heart Charms Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #14364).
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz