Blue Stacked Grad Cake
SIZE: 8”, 7”, and 6” round tiers
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/moderate
1. Mix batches of royal blue and black icing using Lucks Premium Gel Colors.
2. Ice the 6” and 8” cakes in white icing and the 7” cake with the royal blue icing.
3. Assemble the tiers.
4. Using a #8 Pipinf Tip and black icing, pipe a bottom border on each cake.
5. Using a #3 Piping Tip and royal blue icing, pipe Swiss dots on the 6” cake and scallops on the 8” cake.
6. Attach the banner and the bunting pieces from the Graduation Sweet Shapes Fondant® pack with a dab of icing.
7. Using a #3 Piping Tip and white icing, pipe the graduate’s name on the plaque and apply it to the cake with a small amount of icing.
Decorating idea by Bonnie Lee