SIZE: 8" square
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate
1. Ice the cake with white icing.
2. Cut a stencil in the shape of the jars out of cardboard or paper. Lay the stencil on the cake after the icing sets up to avoid sticking, and airbrush the background around it. Use Green Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10162) for the top 2/3’s and Brown Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10159) for the bottom 1/3.
3. Lightly spray Blue Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10158) in the jars, and around the sides of the cake for the ant tunnels. Tip: You can spray a little of the background color on the bugs before placing them on the cake so that they blend into their backgrounds more.
4. Spray Brown Liquid Airbrush Color in a little circular motion to create a soil effect. Spray a soft Yellow Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10167) over the brown soil to add richness.
5. Use black icing (mixed with Black Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10157) and a #5 tip (Item #12753) to outline the jars.
6. Use brown icing (mixed with Brown Liquid Airbrush Color) and a #8 tip (Item #12756) to pipe a simple squiggly bottom border.
7. Add Bugs Assorted Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #43592) to the cake as shown, with a dab of icing.
8. Mix up some orange icing using Orange Liquid Airbrush Color (Item #10164).
9. Pipe your custom inscription with the orange icing and a #5 tip (Item #11027).
Decorating idea by Sandy McNicol