Bugs and Kisses Cake
SIZE: 6 inch single layer round cake
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Bake and cool cake.
2. Mix batches of purple, pink, orange, green and black icings using Premium Gel Colors.
3. Ice sides of cake smooth with black icing.
4. Ice top of cake smooth with green icing.
5. Pipe rosette top border with star tip #22 in green, purple, pink, and orange swirled icing. TIP: Create any color swirled icing by placing a sheet of plastic wrap onto flat surface. Spread a line of colored icing (about 6-8 inches long) onto plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining colors, placing each color in a line next to the previous one. Enclose icing into the plastic wrap by carefully rolling into a log shape. Snip one end of the plastic wrap, placing into a prepared piping bag with tip.
6. Pipe large dollops of green icing to back half of top of cake. Place a CREEPY CUTE COOKIE (see Decorating Ideas) decorated with “Bugs & Kisses” fondant plaque from Trick or Treat Sweet Shapes® fondant set against fresh icing dollops. Add more icing to support cookie if necessary.
7. Decorate tops of cake with Itsy Bitsy Spider Asst. Dec-Ons® decorations and Hershey’s Kisses®.