SIZE: ¼ sheet
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/moderate
Use Pastel Patterns Designer Prints™ Sheets and White Vanilla Fondant to create easy, hand-crafted Easter decorations!
1. Roll out a portion of White Vanilla Fondant. Using the largest cutter from the Plain Round Cutter Set, cut out a disc for the rabbit’s head.
2. Create a template for the rabbit ears. Tip: water-resistant leftover backing from Designer Prints™ decorations makes wonderful template material.
3. Use templates to cut out white rabbit ears.
4. Roll out more fondant and attach appropriately-sized pieces of the pink dotted and green floral patterns from Pastel Patterns Variety Designer Prints™ sheets, using a light application of water.
5. Cut one green floral disc as the center of the bowtie, using the 2” round cutter from the Plain Round Cutter Set. Then, cut one green floral diamond shape, using the 2” wide cutter from the Diamond Cutter Set. Cut the diamond in half, widthwise, to use as the bowtie. Alternately, cut the bowtie freehand with an X-Acto knife.
6. Use templates to cut out pink rabbit ear centers.
7. Use Dark Chocolate Fondant to roll facial features, or pipe using fudge icing in a #3 round tip.
8. Set all pieces aside to dry.
9. Mix batches of light blue and pink icing using Lucks Liquid Airbrush Colors in Blue and Pink.
10. Ice the cake in blue, and then use a #5 round tip to pipe curlicue top and bottom borders.
11. Use pink icing in a #5 round tip to pipe a simple swag side decoration.
12. Add white flowers from the Blossom Charms Dec-Ons® decorations to the side swag, as shown.
13. Finish by arranging all fondant pieces on the top of the cake.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz