Easter Bunny Pops
SIZE: Other (cake balls)
1. Fashion cake pops from cake scraps and buttercream, then shape into balls; make half of the balls twice the size of the other. Alternately, you may use cereal treats to create the smaller balls, as they will be lighter in weight.
2. Attach the small balls to the large balls using dabs of melted chocolate. Let set up.
3. Melt a small amount of chocolate, and dip the end of a candy stick into a bit of chocolate. Insert the stick halfway into the base of each large cake ball--the melted chocolate will help the ball adhere to the stick.
4. Repeat this step until all cake balls are fitted with sticks. Chill pops thoroughly in the refrigerator for easy handling.
5. When pops are chilled, melt enough tinted chocolate to fill medium bowls at least halfway. Dip a ball into the melted chocolate to cover.
6. Before the chocolate sets on each, sprinkle—don’t dip—coordinated sanding sugars over the balls. TIP: Have sugars at the ready in a small bowl with a spoon.
7. When all pops are set, attach bunny heads to bodies with a small dab of melted chocolate.
8. Finish with an adorable royal icing carrot, attached in the same manner as the head. Chomp!
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz