Cactus Makes Perfect Cake
SIZE: Half sheet cake, Other (Cakesicles)
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate.
1. Bake and cool sheet cake.
2. Bake and cool additional cake for cakesicles.
1. Create cakesicle dough using mixture of crumbled additional cake and icing.
2. Coat insides of individual mini silicone popsicle mold with melted candy that has been colored with Blue Premium Candy Color. Fill with cake dough. Insert mini popsicle stick through mold. Cover backs of cakesicles with thin layer of blue melted candy. Chill to set.
3. After cakesicles are chilled and set, remove from molds and spread a thin layer of blue candy melt to bottom of each cakesicle, immediately covering with crushed graham cracker crumbs for “sand”.
4. Add cactus piece from Boho Llama Asst. Sweet Shapes® Fondant set to each cakesicle and hold in place with fresh candy melt or icing. Set aside.
1. Ice smooth sheet cake with white icing.
2. Place Boho Tassels Variety Edible Image® Designer Prints® strips (cactus design only) around sides of freshly iced cake.
3. Mix batches of green (Leaf Green + Teal) and guava icing using Premium Gel Colors.
4. Spread mounds of white icing to top left and bottom right corners of top of cake. Add crushed graham cracker crumbs to icing mounds. TIP: Use pieces of wax or parchment paper to keep crumbs from falling on smooth areas of cake.
5. Insert CACTUS CAKESICLES into top left graham cracker crumb corner of cake.
6. Place No Prob-Llama Dec-Ons® Decorations into bottom right graham cracker crumb corner of cake. Add dots of icing and/or toothpick behind each Dec-Ons® Decoration for additional support if needed.
7. Pipe green icing cacti around graham cracker crumb areas using star tip #22. Sprinkle with White Non-Pareils.
8. Pipe guava icing flowers to tops of several cacti, using star tip #16.
9. Add message to top of cake in guava icing with piping tip #3.