SIZE: Other (cupcakes)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/moderate
1. Stack cupcakes (turned upside down) or use cereal treats to sculpt stump shapes.
2. Ice stumps in fudge icing, roughing in some “bark” texture with a spatula.
3. Apply a scant amount of white icing to the top of the stumps, blending with a spatula to give a variegated wood appearance. Use a toothpick to scribe tree rings into the tops, as shown.
4. Use fudge icing in a #5 tip to pipe stump roots and branches.
5. Mix batches of green, lime and pink icings, and use grass, leaf and round tips to pipe foliage and flowers.
6. Apply Dec-Ons®, Royal Icing and river rock decorations to finish.
Decorating idea by Lois James/Cakelet