Candy Wonderland Cake
SIZE: 6” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Prior to assembling your cake, bake three candy-shaped cookies: prepare your favorite no-spread sugar dough, and use specialty cutters or a combination of our round and square cutters to create shapes.
2. Bake cookies and let cool.
3. Ice cookies using fondant or royal icing, and sprinkle with sanding sugars in colors that coordinate with the Dec-Ons® decorations. TIP: If using fondant to cover the cookies, use a thin layer of clear piping gel to adhere the sugar.
4. Attach the Dec-Ons® decorations with a dab of icing.
5. Mix a batch of light blue icing using Royal Blue Premium Gel Color, and ice the cake.
6. Apply the Candy Shop Designer Prints® strips around the sides of the cake.
7. Adhere white sanding sugar around the bottom portion of the cake, as shown.
8. Pipe a wavy top border using light blue icing in a #8 Piping Tip.
9. Pipe a bottom beaded border using light blue icing in a #8 Piping Tip.
10. Attach cookies to cake using icing or melted chocolate. TIP: If you would like the cookies to stand off of the top of the cake, attach them to candy sticks using royal icing or melted chocolate. When they have fully set up, insert candy sticks into the top of the cake.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz