SIZE: Other (Chocolate boxes)
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate
Liven up your chocolate desserts with Lucks Edible Transfer Sheets for Chocolate!
1. You can build the boxes around a petit four or simply fill them with mousse. If you choose to use petite fours, make them 1 1/8” by 1 1/8” by 1” high.
2. Start by making a template in the shape of one side of the box 1 1/4” wide by 2 1/4” high with one curved side as shown. (This will be placed on hardened chocolate and cut around with an Xacto knife).
3. Lay White Bright Polka Dots Transfer Sheet on a flat surface with the smooth side down.
4. Melt a batch each of dark and white chocolate.
5. Pour the dark chocolate onto the transfer sheet and spread it out with an offset spatula about 1/8” thick and let it cool. Repeat this process with the white chocolate.
6. Lay your template on the hardened chocolate and cut around it with an Xacto knife. You will need to cut four pieces for each box. Cut two, flip the template over and cut two in the opposite direction.
7. Fill pastry bags with each color of chocolate and cut a tiny hole at the end, just big enough for the chocolate to flow through. This will be used to attach the sides of the box together.
8. Gently lift all of the cooled pieces off of the transfer sheet.
9. Draw a 1 1/4” by 1 1/4” square on a piece of parchment paper and tape it down to a flat surface. Tape another piece of parchment over that. You will use this to build your box over to insure it is square.
10. Attach two sides of the box together at a time. Then attach two sets of two sides to make a complete box.
11. Pour some chocolate into the box to make a solid chocolate bottom and let cool.
12. Use a 5s tip and raspberry mousse to pipe a big fluffy ruffle inside of each box (If you are using petite fours, pop one into the box before adding the ruffle). Finish by topping with a raspberry.
Decorating idea by Sandy McNicol