Christmas Lights Log
SIZE: Other (log or roll cake)
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Fashion a cake roll using your favorite recipe, or a commercially-prepared cake roll. If using premade, cut the end off of the roll, at a slight angle and about 2 inches thick, and place it on top of the cake by gluing it with a dab of frosting to make a branch.
2. With white frosting and an open coupler, pipe along the length of the cake and then smoothing it slightly with a spatula.
3. Then using an up and down motion pipe all around the sides of the branch.
4. With the same up and down motion us a spatula to slightly smooth it out.
5. Mix a batch of green frosting using Premium Gel Color.
6. Using a #4 round tip, pipe a line around the cake for the lights to go on.
7. Place the Christmas Lights Assortment Dec-Ons to the line on the cake.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz