Chrome Confetti Wedding Cake
Chrome and Confetti Wedding Cake
SIZE: 9-inch, 8-inch and 6-inch stacked tiers
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Moderate
1. At least a day ahead, prepare fondant topper: mix small batches of yellow, pink and teal blue fondants using Premium Gel Colors mixed into a white fondant base. Allow to dry. TIP: Achieve the perfect teal blue by mixing a 3:1 ratio of Sky Blue and Emerald Green Premium Gel Colors into fondant.
2. Use an X-Acto knife to cut toppers. TIP: Find the perfect font on the internet, or draw your own. Use a stencil to create outlines for cutting.
3. Mix a small amount of gray royal icing, using a scant amount of Black Premium Gel Color mixed into a white royal icing base.
4. Pipe outlines onto dried fondant letters using a #3 round piping tip, as shown, and let outlines dry.
5. When royal icing has dried thoroughly, use a fine paintbrush to apply Silver Shimmer Airbrush Color over dried outlines.
6. Mix batches of yellow, pink and teal blue icings using Premium Gel Colors.
7. Ice tiers separately in white icing.
8. Airbrush the 9” layer using Silver Shimmer Airbrush Color. TIP: To avoid moisture beading, apply color in thin layers, allowing each application to dry before applying the next.
9. Stack layers, and apply Designer Prints® decorations to the top two tiers.
10. Use yellow, pink and teal blue icings in #8 round piping tips to pipe bead borders around the base of each tier.
11. Arrange the fondant cake topper on the top tier, using toothpicks to prop them as needed.