SIZE: 3 layers 4”, 2 layers 6” and 2 layers 8” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/moderate
Turn Designer Prints™ on end for a completely new look!
1. Assemble and ice the cake.
2. Measure finished height of each tier and cut to size one piece of Classic Lace Designer Prints™ decorations for the front of each tier.
3. Repeat step 2 for the small top edge reveal of the bottom two tiers. Tip: cut these small pieces using 8” and 6” cardboards as a template, to make them rounded on either end. The shape will be akin to fat parentheses. Ensure that the edges meet cleanly.
4. Apply Black Shimmer Ribbons™ decorations, circling around the Designer Prints™ on each layer, as shown.
5. Cut one Shimmer Ribbon™ in half down the middle. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 with this split strip, neatly framing the Designer Prints™ and overlapping the previously laid Shimmer Ribbons™.
6. Pipe a mound of white icing on the top layer and cover with an assortment of Classic Blossoms, Classic Small Flowerette and Classic Blossom Charms decorations.
7. With a #8 plain round tube and white icing, pipe bottom borders on the top two tiers.
8. With a #8 tip and black icing tinted with Lucks Coal Black Liqua-Gel Color, pipe bottom border.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz