New York Cupcakes Cocktail Cake
SIZE: 6” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Mix batches of blue and green buttercream icing.
2. Ice the cake using blue icing.
3. Apply brown sugar or crumbled graham crackers—to create a sandy effect—on the top of the cake and around the sides.
4. Use chocolate icing in a #5 tip to pipe a beaded palm tree trunk, as shown.
5. Use colored icings in #5 tips to pipe clouds, grass and palm fronds.
6. Use green icing in a #3 tip to outline the palm fronds.
7. Use white icing in a #5 tip to pipe a top beaded border.
8. Finish with Dec-Ons® decorations on the top and the sides of the cake.
Decorating idea by New York Cupcakes