SIZE: 8” Round cake, 6” round cake, 4” round cake
SKILL LEVEL: Advanced
This whimsical fun cake was created using Royal Icing decorations and Dec-Ons® decorations. It’s clean and striking for any child’s birthday party!
1. Cut, fill and ice an 8” round cake, 6” round cake, 4” round cake.
2. Cover the cake in whatever color fondant you like. Dowel and stack your cake.
3. To create the cupcake, the base is made by cooking Isomalt to 330 degrees and letting it cool to a molten stage. Fill a silicone cupcake to the top. Allow to cool and solidify.
4. After the cupcake has cooled completely, take fondant coils to create the “top” of the iced cupcake. Let stand.
5. Trim the base of each cake with ribbon or fondant.
6. Pipe a #3 plain tip (Item #11022) beaded border along the bottom edge.
7. For the decoration in the base tier, cut small squares of fondant that will encircle the 8” cake. Apply with small dabs of water.
8. Place a Birthday Presents Assortment Dec-Ons® decoration (Item #46522) or Birthday Cake Royal Icing decoration (Item #45855) in the center of each square. Pipe a #3 plain tip beaded border along the edge of each square.
9. On the second 6” tier, using various circle cutters, arrange polka dots around this tier.
10. Taking a small bit of royal icing, attach Bright Balloon Assortment Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #45830) in various spots with the polka dots.
11. For the top tier, cut zebra strips of fondant and apply to the 4” cake in a flowing pattern.
12. Place a dab of royal icing on the backs of Small Party Hats Dec-Ons® decorations (Item #46507) and apply to cake.
13. To secure the cupcake, place a small dab of royal icing on the bottom and apply to the top of the cake. Allow to dry before you transport cake.
14. Trim base board with marabou feather boa.
Decorating idea by Chef Mary. A. Moy-Hochstetler