Corina Bakery's Baby Cake
SIZE: 6” round, chocolate rum balls and mini cupcakes
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
1. Mix batches of gray, green and yellow icings using gel colors.
2. Ice the cake using gray icing.
3. Create a striped side décor by first measuring and marking the sides of the cake; next, cut and attach Silver Shimmer Ribbons™ vertically and evenly, around the sides.
4. Use yellow icing in a #48 tip and green icing in a #5 tip to pipe vertical stripes down the sides of the cake.
5. Use green icing in a #10 tip to pipe a bottom beaded border.
6. Use green icing in a #5 tip to pipe a “braided” top border.
7. Finish with a variety of Dec-Ons® decorations arrayed around the top border, as shown.
8. To decorate rum balls, pipe tufts of green icing using a #22 tip, and attach a baby button to each.
9. To decorate mini cupcakes, ice with dollops of white icing using the open end of a coupler, and dip in white sanding sugar. Pipe yellow icing tufts using a #10 tip, and attach a baby button to each.
Decorating idea by Corina Bakery