SIZE: Other (cookies)
SKILL LEVEL: Moderate
Frame Creepy Cutie Minis in bold colors on these mixed media cookies!
1. Make your favorite cut-out cookie recipe and use a fancy specialty cutter to cut shapes. Bake and let cool.
2. Adhere Creepy Cutie Minis Edible Image® decorations (Item #46910) to thinly-rolled White Vanilla fondant (Item #70014) with a light application of water, shortening or piping gel.
3. Cut out Minis using the Plain Round Cutter set (Item #9784) and attach discs to cooled cookies with icing or piping gel.
4. These cookies are iced using the run sugar method. To make icing for this method, mix a batch of royal icing and set aside 1/3 of the regular recipe. Take the remaining 2/3 and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
5. Use Lucks Liqua-Gel Colors in Sunset Orange (Item #45302), Violet (Item #45278) and Neon Brite Green (Item #45293) to color the run sugar icing. Use Coal Black (Item #45290) to tint the regular recipe.
6. Use a #3 plain round tip (Item #11022) to pipe black outlines as shown. When the outlines have dried slightly, use run sugar to fill with #3 tips.
7. Dip color-coordinated run icing, while still wet, in sanding sugars: Orange (Item #9461), Lime Green (Item #10380) and Lavender (Item #9462).
8. Allow to dry completely.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz