Pastel de Día de Los Muertos
SIZE: 8” and 6” round tiers
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/moderate
1. Mix batches of pink and orange icings, using them to ice both tiers.
2. Assemble the tiers.
3. Use white icing in #8 and #4 tips to pipe a skull on the front of the top tier, as shown. Fill in nose and eye sockets with black icing in a #2 tip.
4. Attach skull Dec-Ons® evenly around the sides of the bottom tier.
5. Use coordinating icing colors in #4 tips to pipe simple, stylized flowers and leaves on both tiers, and then in contrasting colors to pipe dotted outlines around skulls on both tiers.
6. Use coordinating icing colors in #8 tips to pipe bottom beaded borders around the bases of both tiers.
7. Use lime icing in a #2 tip to pipe fine scroll accents on the white icing skull.
8. Finish with Dec-Ons® decorations in the skull’s eye sockets.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz