SIZE: 8” round
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Let the intricate patterns in Doily Variety Designer Prints™ shine by embellishing simply yet stylishly around them.
1. Mix two shades of pale blue icing using Lucks Royal Blue Liqua-Gel Color in a white icing base.
2. Ice the cake.
3. Apply the blue pattern from Doily Variety Designer Prints™ around the sides of the cake.
4. Lightly airbrush the top of the cake using Lucks Blue Liquid Airbrush Color.
5. Use white icing in a #5 round tip to pipe a triple top border, a bottom border, and one beaded trim at the base of the Designer Prints™.
6. Use #5 tips to pipe two additional beaded trim lines around the base of the Designer Prints™ as shown, using progressively darker shades of blue.
7. Roll a 1” wide strip of White Vanilla Fondant, and coil to create a ribbon-style flower.
8. Use both tones of blue icing to pipe a stamen for the flower.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz